Alberta is home to a huge number of black bears and some true giants are taken each year. The large percentage of color phase bears is a bonus – cinnamon, chocolate and blondes are not uncommon to encounter on your hunt. Our zone is situated in Alberta’s boreal forest region, an amazing old growth forest stretching across the province and continuing across Canada. The south side of our zone boarders a large military base (12,000 square kilometers) where all hunting is restricted. We hunt the border and draw new animals out of that region and into our zone constantly. Our lodge is situated on Winefred lake and is home to some of the best trophy Pike and walleye fishing in the world.
Included in your Hunt
- One bear tag(second bear may be added for an additional fee), wolf/coyote and fishing license.
- Fishing is included after May 15 (when fishing season opens, weather permitting).
- All meals at the camp, lodging and guides.
- Field dressing of your trophy and preparation for travel.
Things you Need to Know
- In 2018 our hunters were 100% successful.
- Hunts run from late May to mid June and are typically six days in duration (Monday-Saturday).
- We harvest 30% color phase bears.
- Bears are hunted over feeding areas from tree stands, platform stands or ground blinds.
- You will see several bears while on your hunt.
- Average shot distance is 20 – 40 yards.
- Archery or rifle hunts can be accommodated.
- Average trophy size is 6 – 6.5′ square (225-325 lbs). We take several bears over 7′ square (350-500lbs) each season.
- There is excellent fishing in the area for northern pike, walleye, lake trout, perch and whitefish. We supply all tackle, rads and reels.
- Hunters need to arrive in Fort McMurray(YMM) and be ready for pick up Sunday mid day.
- Hunters must plan to depart the following Sunday mid day, a hotel in Fort McMurray will be required if your flight leaves Sunday morning.
- A .25 caliber rifle or larger is required.
- We are happy to supply you with a rifle for your hunt.
- Non-hunters are welcome to accompany you in camp.