Alberta is home to a huge number of black bears and some true giants are taken each year. The large percentage of colour phase bears is a bonus – cinnamon, chocolate and blondes are not uncommon to encounter on your hunt. Our zone is situated in Alberta’s boreal forest region, an amazing old growth forest stretching across the province and continuing across Canada. The south side of our zone boarders a large military base (12,000 square kilometers) where all hunting is restricted. We hunt the border and draw new animals out of that region and into our zone constantly. There are also several excellent lakes in the area for fishing.
Included in your Hunt
- One bear and wolf/coyote license (second bear may be added for an additional fee).
- Transportation to and from Edmonton, Ab to our bear camp.
- Fishing is included after May 15 (when fishing season opens).
- All meals at the camp, lodging and guides.
- Field dressing of your trophy and preparation for travel.
Things you Need to Know
- Hunts run from late April to mid June and are typically six days in duration (Monday-Saturday).
- Bears are hunted over feeding areas from tree stands, platform stands or ground blinds.
- You will see several bears while on your hunt.
- Average shot distance is 20 – 40 yards.
- Archery or rifle hunts can be accommodated.
- We harvest 30% colour phase bears.
- In 2012 we harvested two bears over 8′ square and about 500lbs.
- Average trophy size is 6 – 6.5′ square (225-325 lbs). We take several bears over 7′ square (350-500lbs) each season.
- There is excellent fishing in the area for northern pike, walleye, lake trout, perch and whitefish.
- We supply tackle and rods for fishing.
- Hunters need to arrive in Fort McMurray(YMM) or Edmonton Alberta and be ready for pick up Sunday mid day.
- Hunters must plan to depart the following Sunday mid day.
- A .25 caliber rifle or larger is recommended.